Are you ready for the upcoming holiday season? There’s still time to install new wallpaper in your home to create a fresh, festive atmosphere! York Sure-Strip Wallpaper is designed to be easy to install and remove, saving you the hassle and frustration of wallpapering a room with conventional wallpaper. In a few easy steps, you can give your home a whole new look over a single weekend! York Sure-Strip Wallpaper is a great way to make your home look impressive when family comes to visit.
How it Works
York Sure-Strip Wallpaper is manufactured with a unique high performance substrate and a special adhesive. This makes it easy to apply the wallpaper flat against the wall, as well as easy to remove pieces in full strips. You can decorate your home with new wallpaper in a few simple steps.
- After removing your old wallpaper, make sure that your walls are clean, dry, and smooth. If you are applying Sure-Strip Wallpaper to new walls, make sure that your walls have two coats of paint, primer, or both.
- After cutting your strips to size (make sure that they are four inches larger than the surface of the wall), lay them down on the floor or a table. With a Wallpaper Hand Sprayer, gently spray the back of the wallpaper to activate the adhesive. Alternatively, you can use a water tray to wet the adhesive. Simply roll up the strip with the adhesive side face out then pull the loose end of the strip to slowly pull the strip through the water. Make sure that you have a drop cloth to protect your floors from any residue.
- Allow the paper to roll up loosely and let it sit for two to three minutes to allow the paste to activate and the paper to loosen. This is known as “booking”.
- After booking, carefully align your paper to the wall and smooth it on gently with a brush or sponge. Work diagonally from top down to center outwards to ensure that there are no bubbles or bunches in your wallpaper.
- When ready to remove your wallpaper, simply spray it with the Wallpaper Hand Sprayer then peel from the top to the bottom, pulling downwards.
Columbia Paint Company
Do you need some great Benjamin Moore paint to get started on your painting projects in Howard County this fall? Columbia Paint Company is your one-stop shop for all of your home-decorating needs in Howard County. From fabulous Hunter Douglass window treatments to beautiful Benjamin Moore paint products, we have everything you need to make your dream home design a reality. Schedule an appointment with our design consultant today!
Don’t forget to check us out on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Google+!