Nowadays, there are a variety of window treatment options. It should not be difficult to find one that fits in with the style of your home. Consider the function, look, and purpose of the room and your choice for window treatments will follow with ease. Here are the main types of window treatments available today.
Shades come in a variety of styles and are incredibly efficient for quickly changing the amount of light in a room.
- Roman shades are made from one piece of fabric that uses horizontal folds as you pull them up and down.
- Cellular shades trap air between the window and the room. They named after the honeycomb fabric.
- Woven wood shades are made of reeds, bamboo, or even some kinds of grass.
- Roller shades are wrapped around a tube and roll down in a seamless fashion.
Shutters are so efficient and aesthetically pleasing that they will usually add value to your home. Not just from the inside, but they add to the overall curb appeal of the home from the outside too, with a classic and streamlined look.
Blinds are probably the most versatile and widely used window treatment on this list. Not only are they use to cover windows, but they have applications over sliding doors as well.
- Wood blinds are timeless options that work well with many different styles. They bring warmth into a space and are incredibly durable.
- Faux wood blinds offer a similar look to wood but are made from vinyl or PVC.
- Panel track blinds use fabric and add modern privacy to any room.
Drapery uses fabric that adds a touch of elegance and chic style to a room. They hang on either side of the windows on curtain rods that can be simple or more decorative. Drapes add flow to a room as they typically hang down to the floor and are drawn together in the middle of the windows when closed. You can find them in many different colors, patterns, and fabrics.
Get In Touch With Columbia Paint Company Today
Columbia Paint Company is happy to help you choose the perfect color for your painting project and offer you tips for every step of the way. Not sure how to make sure your siding, trim, and accent colors match? Need to see the paints you loved online in person? Schedule an appointment today by calling 443-319-4001 or visiting us online. For more painting tips and updates, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, Houzz, YouTube, and Pinterest!