The weather is nice, which means it is the perfect time to tackle the bedroom painting project you’ve been putting off for months. While getting the actual painting done is the most time-consuming part, choosing the right color is the fun part! Here are some of our top tips for choosing the perfect color for your bedroom painting project.
Since your bedroom is where you get your sleeping done, make sure that it is a peaceful space to rest your head. Neutrals are very popular for bedroom painting colors since they make the space seem bigger and allow for many different bedding and accent color options. If neutral colors seem boring to you, keep in mind that you can always incorporate other colors throughout your furniture, upholstery, bedding, wall art, and other interior decorations.
Keep it Cool
Cool-toned colors are great for turning a boring bedroom into a sleep oasis. Cool colors are known for exuding calm and relaxation, so choose a blue green or blue gray for your walls. There are many different colors available throughout the cooler spectrum. Choose crisp white bedding or furniture in neutral shades to complement your bedroom painting choice.
General Color Tips
Choosing the perfect shade for your bedroom painting project can be overwhelming. When choosing your bedroom paint color, keep the following in mind:
- Think about the mood you want your bedroom to have. Is it a calming area, romantic, or neutral?
- Test a swatch of the paint shade that you want to use on a portion of your bedroom wall before taking the plunge.
- Work with the experts at Columbia Paint to choose the perfect hue for your bedroom walls.
- Keep in mind what other furniture and décor already exist in the room if you aren’t planning to totally make over the space.
- Shy away from bright shades, bold tones, and neon accents that will keep you awake at night.
Bedroom Paint Colors from Columbia Paint
Columbia Paint Company is happy to help you choose the perfect color for your painting project, get you the best window shades for your room, and offer you tips for every step of the way. Not sure how to make sure your siding, trim, and accent colors match? Need to see the paints you loved online in person? Schedule an appointment today by calling 443-319-4001 or visiting us online. For more painting tips and updates, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, Houzz, YouTube, and Pinterest!