Painting is one of the simplest ways to enhance your home’s interior and exterior appearance. Painting can be fun, exciting, and inspirational. However, it can also be time-consuming and challenging, especially if you’re painting your home for the first time. Listed below are four do’s and don’ts of painting.
- Do prepare your wall. If you notice any imperfections in your wall, such as holes, nicks, rough and uneven surfaces, it’s important to fill in or sand down those areas before painting over them.
- Do prepare the room before you start the painting process by moving or covering wall fixtures, furniture pieces, carpets, and other accents in the room that you want to protect from paint.
- Do sample and test paint colors on your walls before painting the entire room.
- Do invest in high-quality paint, brushes, and rollers to ensure the best results from your paint job.
- Don’t rush! Rushing can ruin your paint job. You’ll achieve the best results by taking your time, ensuring that you cover each surface of your wall.
- Don’t close off the room. When painting, it’s best to open the windows and doors within the room to keep the paint fumes from overwhelming your senses. It also helps a room dry faster when the windows and doors are open.
- Don’t use paint directly out of the paint can. It’s best to invest in a separate bucket or paint container for transferring the paint, so you don’t have to stick your paintbrush directly in the can.
- Don’t dispose of paint irresponsibly. Often you can reuse paint for future projects or cover-ups. If you do dispose of paint, find designated locations for dispersing it where you’re adhering to safety and environmental hazards.
NEW LOCATIONS! VISIT US HERE AND EXPLORE!
We’ve moved from the Dobbin Road location to our new, roomy location just down the road:
Columbia Paint and Decorating, a Benjamin Moore Dealer: 6822 Oak Hall Lane, Suite C2,
Columbia MD 21045 phone number: 443-319-4001
Expect the same one-stop shopping for all your decorating needs. We are a full-service Benjamin Moore dealer offering the best quality decorating products at the best prices around. We have ample paint and paint supplies, wallcoverings, custom window treatments, fabrics, and now, NEW flooring selections from Kaleen Rugs and Luxury Vinyl Tile samples. And, of course, the same excellent customer service, knowledge, and customer satisfaction that you’ve come to expect.
ANNOUNCING OUR SECOND LOCATION:
Clarksville Paint & Decorating, a Benjamin Moore Dealer
12447 Clarksville Pike, Suite 1A, Clarksville, MD