Painting is a common method used to instantly enhance or alter the appearance of a home’s interior or exterior. Painting can be a relatively easy task when you abide by the recommended do’s and don’ts but becomes challenging when you overlook some of the key details that go into a quality paint job. Listed below are some more do’s and don’ts of painting.
- Do have an idea of what color you want before meeting with a paint consultant.
- Do apply a primer before painting your walls.
- Do consider hiring painting professionals to ensure the best possible paint job.
- Do paint with the tip of the paintbrush to prevent brush strokes or marks from showing on your walls.
- Do allow enough time for the paint to dry. Wait at least 24 hours before using the room or putting stuff on the walls.
- Do clean your brush and rollers right after painting, especially if you plan to use them again.
- Do buy all your materials ahead of time, including paint, rollers, and brushes.
- Don’t paint on wallpaper. Be sure to remove, if not all then the majority of the wallpaper covering your wall before painting.
- Don’t paint on rainy or days where inclement weather is predicted.
- Don’t forget to clean up after painting, including cleaning your brushes and containers, wiping off surfaces with paint on them, and properly storing your paint.
- Don’t paint out of order. It’s helpful to do one room, wall, door, or ceiling at a time. If you’re painting a room, go from wall to wall and, if applicable, the ceiling first. You don’t want to start in one area and then move on without completing it.
- Don’t paint over moisture or active mold.
NEW LOCATIONS! VISIT US HERE AND EXPLORE!
We’ve moved from the Dobbin Road location to our new, roomy location just down the road:
Columbia Paint and Decorating, a Benjamin Moore Dealer: 6822 Oak Hall Lane, Suite C2,
Columbia MD 21045 phone number: 443-319-4001
Expect the same one-stop shopping for all your decorating needs. We are a full-service Benjamin Moore dealer offering the best quality decorating products at the best prices around. We have ample paint and paint supplies, wallcoverings, custom window treatments, fabrics, and now, NEW flooring selections from Kaleen Rugs and Luxury Vinyl Tile samples. And, of course, the same excellent customer service, knowledge, and customer satisfaction that you’ve come to expect.
ANNOUNCING OUR SECOND LOCATION:
Clarksville Paint & Decorating, a Benjamin Moore Dealer
12447 Clarksville Pike, Suite 1A, Clarksville, MD